Blackfoot’s cultural arts scene is centered at the Nuart Theatre. The Nuart was built in the 1920′s, intended to show silent movies and was equipped to show “talkie” movies in 1930. The theatre has the distinction of being listed among only seven Idaho theatres on the National Register of Historic Places.
The theatre has been vigilantly restored by the Blackfoot Community Players, in conjunction with community volunteers and is now a community performing arts facility, opened in 1988. The full stage complete with dressing areas under-neath it, has been preserved. Adorned in the Art Deco style, featuring floor-to-ceiling plaster motifs, the Nuart Theatre is a beautiful site for the productions held several times by the Blackfoot Community Players and other groups each year.